Monday, May 13, 2019

Well DONE!


Hello all - well we didnt die and made it! 
I never thought it would happen of that it would run the way it did. 
It was the first time in the UK there has been a 3 platform meet and we got all of our 453 lifters through in 3 days at the Bodypower Expo which had over 120,000 people all going through. 5 people deep the audience around us and the llifters actually got "seen". 
I had to share - I never thought we would get there, I never though that the federation would go the way it has, I never thought I could do it - not really - but it has happened. 
I can say we now have some of the most selfless and wonderful people around us who actually love the sport. 
Thank you Mike and Amy for your help and support in making this all happen. Mike, I couldnt have got this started in the early days without your guidance and Amy your admin backup and years of experience seeing it all before advice when I havnt had a clue has made such a difference in the decision making and direction we have gone. 
Anyway - thank you all again. 
Emma 

Emma Ylitalo-James Bsc (Hons) Psyche, Msc War and Psychiatry
Psychologist, Lecturer
President of the British Powerlifting Union