Sunday, July 7, 2013

2013 Canada/America(CanAm)...update..

Well, it’s up to 80 actual Benchers (over 90 entries), so it is officially bigger than last year. Many new lifters, more teens, and 5 benchers over 70. 3 Canadian provinces and 6 states. This is truly growing, so I will be trying to get contracts signed soon for the 3rd Annual on July 19, 2014.
Attached are the primary Meet Banners for 2013. “MainBanner” is a 8’high by 10’ long platform banner – last year was 4x8. The “RollerShade” is for one of those trade show portable free standing banners which will be in the hotel corridor at the main entry point. And of course, our “ MichiganAPF since 1994” banner which will be at all of our Michigan meets to send a subtle message to all that APF has a long history in Michigan. (Senior Nationals 2014 will be our 20th anniversary party, and Ezra has a helluva event planned)
There are many repeat customers, and many that benched last year that are in different states of injury this year. I set the bar high this year – I wanted 100 actual participants – didn’t hit it, but did move the bar higher this year – and I am thankfully not as stressed this year as last.
I want to thank Bruce for pushing me, and sharing the vision – Amy for having faith in me, Mike and Beverly for giving me a huge credibility kick start last year and of course: Ezra/Mike/Matt for their guidance and professionalism getting Michigan APF back to where it needs to be.